Life..a miracle

Life..a miracle

Sunday, June 26, 2011

Couple of projects over a couple of days..

This weekend was a real busy one..can be called a great success with almost everything planned being accomplished. I had a bunch of projects planned this weekend.
When I left the east coast my friend presented me with a gift card from my favorite art supply store. Blick Art store is one of my favorite places to visit. Its like going to Disneyland and splurging! So finally on Friday my ordered materials arrived and I was super excited to get started.


The first one was to paint the for-now only terracotta pot in my home..surely more to come. After contemplating on the various designs I chose something very simple yet colorful.


The second is something that's actually going to be part of a bigger project which I will reveal in the coming days but for now I finished painting a ceramic platter in a painting studio called Ceramic Cafe in Del Mar,San Diego. Its a real cool thing to do, you basically go in, choose a piece and paint on it.They then fire and glaze the piece for you and you can pick it up in a few days, all ready to be used. I chose a big serving platter and created a simple floral design on it. I will know the final outcome on Friday, till then here are few pictures of the piece in process.


I have a lot of things lined up for the coming week..so hoping to have a busy but fun week..with a happy end to it.. :)

N the finished product..


2 comments:

  1. The pots are just perfect!!

    Love the design on the plate as well..I need to visit this place sometime

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Snehal! Yes I really liked it..I already plan to visit it again..have a few more ideas in mind.. :P

    ReplyDelete